Welcome to the Holy Rosary Parish in Edmonton
Holy Rosary Parish is an Polish ethnic parish, canonically erected in the year 1913 to minister to the religious and spiritual needs of Polish people living in Alberta’s capital city and its surrounding area. Throughout the years, the number of English speaking parishioners has increased, thus creating the need to provide one weekly English Sunday Mass for them. All other masses are celebrated in Polish to maintain the Polish character of the parish.
The parish is preparing to celebrate its 100th anniversary, which will take place on October 6, 2013. Several initiatives have been undertaken to commemorate the parish Jubilee, the most important one being the rebuilding of the presbytery and the side altars. A special Jubilee Mission is planned for the end of September 2013.
In December 2012, an Advent retreat was held to help prepare the faithful for the celebration of the Christmas season. This retreat was led by Fr. Grzegorz Janiak, OMI, a missionary working in Madagascar. This year’s Lenten retreat was led by Fr. Sławomir Dworek, OMI, a missionary from Poland.
It is hoped that this Internet site will provide a better means of communication for both parishioners and friends regarding the life and activities of the Holy Rosary Parish.